How do I complain?
We hope you will never have a reason to complain or be dissatisfied with our service. However, if you are unhappy with any aspect of our service we hope that you will contact us and lets us try to put this right. However if we are unable to satisfy your concerns, we have a rigorous, independent complaints procedure that commits us to treating you fairly.
You can raise your concerns in a number of ways.
In writing - Address your letter for the attention of the Complaints Manager at our London office (our address is below).
By telephone - You can raise your concerns with your broker and they will forward the details to the Complaints Manager, or you can telephone 020 3700 2500 and ask to speak with the Complaints Manager.
By email - You can contact our Complaints Manager by emailing your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will my complaint take to resolve?
Our aim is to review and try to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. A full investigation will be undertaken and we will write to you again with the final outcome of that investigation within the guidelines described below:
- The Complaints Manager will initial try acknowledge and then resolve your complaint within 3 full business days from the day of receiving your complaint.
- If we resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within 3 business days then we will send a confirmation letter confirming that the matter has been resolved and we believe you are satisfied with the resolution. However, you may still complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service should you wish to.
- If however, we need more time then we will write to you before the third business day and confirm this as well as detailing Pello’s in-house complaints procedure and sending you a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service complaints leaflet.
- Within 8 weeks of receiving a complaint the Complaints Manager will send:
- a final response; or
- a holding letter explaining:
- the reason for delay; and
- giving an indication of timing to finalise our response; and
- informing you that you may refer the complaint to Financial Ombudsman Service or wait for our final response.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Our aim is to resolve complaints internally. However, if you are not satisfied with our final response or if eight weeks have passed since you first brought your complaint to our attention, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must contact them within six months of the date of any final response issued.
You can write to them at:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Alternatively, you can contact them via:
Telephone 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123; or
Further information can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
Please note that if you do not refer your complaint within 6 months, then the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
How do I close my account?
Please write to us at the address below for the attention of the Operations Department and quote your account number with us. Alternatively, you can email your request (from your registered email account) to Operations@pellocapital.com.
If you would like to transfer stock to another broker please include in your letter/email the stock and amount to transfer and the full details of your account with the other broker and any contact details.
We will then process this for you. Please note we charge £12.00 per stock to transfer to another broker on your behalf or If an ISA then Jarvis charge £50 plus vat to close on top of the £12 per line.
What are our contact details?
18 St Swithin’s Lane
fax: +44 (0) 207 710 9660